Follow me on my journey to earning a teaching degree at WGU Indiana. I'm not your typical young student! I am beginning my journey at the age of 42, with 4 children and working hard to achieve my dream. I began my quest for education at WGU on October 1st, 2010.

Friday, January 25, 2013

A Scholarship For Me!




      Yes that is a picture of me, Chancellor Barber and Governor Daniels! Much to my surprise I was awarded The Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr. Go Further Scholarship on January 11, 2013. A day that I will never forget! I am honored, grateful, amazed and thrilled! It is all so exciting and overwhelming! 
     This scholarship means a great deal to me and will assist me in so many ways. I am fast approaching my demonstrative teaching this fall and I do have some financial concerns. Since I have two younger children I will need to enroll them in after school care and that combined with the fact I still need to find reliable transportation, is of great financial concern. By receiving this scholarship that will fund my school expenses, it will free up some much needed funds for a transportation and childcare. It has quite literally relieved some anxieties and allowed to be more able to concentrate on my studies. 
     Receiving the scholarship has also effected me in another way, an emotional way. I am encouraged and humbled. I cannot begin to describe how it feels to have someone believe in you, to notice you, to care about you. Someone noticed my struggles and acknowledge my fight to continue and persevere. That means more to me than words can begin to describe. My biggest challenge now is not to let anyone  down and to succeed. I want to walk across that stage and receive my diploma. I want to go on to do great things and hopefully change young lives for the better. I want to show and set an example for all those adults out there who think they can't, because they can! If I can do it, so can they, so can you! Life isn't always easy but no one ever said it would be. It is up to us to change our destiny, to commit to changing that destiny and following through. 


Thank You WGU Indiana for helping me Go Further!
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment