Follow me on my journey to earning a teaching degree at WGU Indiana. I'm not your typical young student! I am beginning my journey at the age of 42, with 4 children and working hard to achieve my dream. I began my quest for education at WGU on October 1st, 2010.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The second time around

My father once told me, "I passed Algebra with straight A's, the second time around." That sentence definitely spoke to me today!

I have been battling my Mathematics course for awhile now. Working through the homework and test sections I have felt a bit out of sync. Now I took a math course last year and breezed right through it, this time though it has felt like running up a hill on a treadmill. Well today that all changed. While I worked through the course for a second time to review, the proverbial light bulb kicked on. Geometry, algebra, functions and more all lit up like a neon sign in Vegas. There was no mistaking the formulas for me today. It all fell into place, and I understood it all. I am so happy, and hoping that tomorrow the light continues to shine bright. I just might make the final test after all this month! Thanks Dad for reminding me that sometimes it takes a second look for things to make sense, and to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment