Follow me on my journey to earning a teaching degree at WGU Indiana. I'm not your typical young student! I am beginning my journey at the age of 42, with 4 children and working hard to achieve my dream. I began my quest for education at WGU on October 1st, 2010.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Open up and say Ahhhh

Wow, I knew school would be a challenge but I never thought my health would be one of the foremost ones that I would have to face while juggling school. So far I have managed a surgery last term, and one this term with several bouts of colitis during both terms.

I am recovering well from hernia surgery. Unfortunately a couple of days post op I suffered a severe colitis attack, that sent me crawling to the emergency room. Now bear in mind I have had 4 children. Three of those children were regular births without a drop of pain medicine. But this colitis attack was worse than any labor pains I have ever experienced. It was for lack of a better word, awful. I hope to never experience that much pain in my life again.

I guess in a way all my health issues have taught me a valuable lesson. I need to take care of myself first if I want to finish school. I need to keep myself healthy, take time out for me, and not stress the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment